Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday August 27, 2004 at 10:23
markrubin
Founding Member
February 2002
My RTI dealer delivered two T2+ remotes, an RP-6, and an RM-433 yesterday

I am extremely impressed: worth the wait for sure

T2+: slim, light, excellent balance and feel: hard button tactile feel is much better than original T2. The T2+ display has the same whine noise as the T2: perhaps a tad louder. You have to remove the back panel for access to the battery and its connector; and the download connector (looks like a digital camera cable connector). With the back cover off, you can still operate the remote/ charge it but the whine is twice as loud. You must remove the download cable before the remote will operate

Charging cradle: Nice design with a blue LED that lights when charging: the light is way too bright and lights up the room: a problem for a darkened HT room. The battery charges in 3-4 hours according to the manual

RP-6 This functions similar to the old IRF-6 but has:

- 3 sets of programmable relay contacts on a terminal block
- does NOT have RF capability: you need the RM-433 which connects to the RP-6
- status LED's for each output along with Bi-color main status and power LED's
- High output IR connection for IR block
- an RS-485 expansion port!
- IR output level controls for each of six assignable outputs
- USB Programming Port
- included are 6 short IR emitter adapter cables

RM-433

This is the RF receiver module that is connected to and powered by the RP-6: up to 10 RM-433's can be connected: it comes with a removeable antenna and has a status LED

IR Pro:

My dealer showed me the IR Pro which is a little box with an IR eye and a USB port: good thing he brought it because the download cables are packed with it

I loaded my T2 program into the v2.0 software and downloaded the program into the T2+ and the RP-6 (you have to do both as separate operations) and the T2+ systems worked on the first try: there are many program changes needed because of the differences with the T2+ but if you are replacing a T2 it is easy to get up and running

More later: so far I am very pleased: I have several T2's and an MX3000 for sale!

Hosting Services by ipHouse