Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday September 7, 2004 at 16:21
jarmstrong
Founding Member
March 2002
gwilly,

I'm in the same place you are. I don't know which IR commands are for the BMC 9012 and I'm trying to help someone who can't learn them. I am pretty sure that I understand the IR protocol as I have seen it on a Motorola DCP-501R which is apparently another new piece of CE gear that Motorola is selling into the cable TV market.

I looked at every Motorola and General Instrument (now owned by Motorola) IR command set in the file at the link above and they all used the standard GI IR protocol. I also looked at Adelphia cable TV codes (who is promoting Moxie on the west coast), but they are the GI protocol at 57KHz (normally it's at 38KHz).

It's possible that the GI protocol at 58KHz is the protocol used in the BMC 9012, and some learning remotes would have trouble learning 58KHz signals, but I would be surprised if the RTI-TT would have problems with that.

The 38KHz GI protocol seems easily learned, so I am at a dead end.

If it can be confirmed that it is the new Motorola protocol, then I can create the Pronto hex for all 256 commands and someone could search for hidden commands and all that. It is an unusual IR protocol and also has a tricky check nibble at the end that was decoded by Rob Crowe on another forum. I think that could be harder to learn, since it has a pattern that is sent once and then a similar pattern that is sent repeatedly. Many learning remotes might ignore the first segment, and it may be needed to get reliable results.

Hosting Services by ipHouse