The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday May 20, 2007 at 16:44
cheesehead22
Long Time Member
May 2007
I have several T2-Cs in my latest system and alot of them control 2-3 rooms each. On each remote there is are 2 lighting page per room. I had a jump from each source page to its co responding lighting page. problem was , there were 2 lighting pages so to get back to where I came from I could not just use a Previous page press.

In each room there are
2 cable boxes
2 sats
2 dvds
1 vcr
1 security
all pages have direct access to the lighting for that room....not going back to the menu and selecting it and what not

All source's are shared threw out the house in case you were wondering

Here was my solution

On each page have the lighting button with a jump to the lighting page.

Also have a macro to set a flag(I used the flag number that corresponded to the page so that I didn't even have to label the flag).

Because there are 2 lighting pages I jump to the first one.

I have a MORE button that jumps to the next page of lighting(Just in case you got lost, this is were I ran into the problem in that if I jump to the second page and then try to get back to the source page I originally came from by using a "previous Page"jump, I would loop back and forth between the lighting pages)

On the first page of lighting I have a "Back" button that tests for whatever flag was set to get me there, clears that flag, and then jumps to the corresponding page.

I couldn't think of any other way of doing it. If anyone has any question about it, feel free to email me. I would be happy to send out copies.
Don't read my answer. Someone else will go into great detail as to why I am wrong rather than answer the original question...

Hosting Services by ipHouse