The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday July 19, 2007 at 15:17
tabascojunkie
Long Time Member
July 2007
Thanks for the reply. You are correct. The macro's are stored in my control processor. What I tried, and was successful...was the T3 > IR > IR In of my Control Processor. I learned the code in the control processor for "0" of one of the components in the theatertouch library (ADA QuadriTuner I belive). and associated it with the "system on" series of events. I then assigned it to the power on button on one of the standard templates. When pressed the Control Processor picks it up and the system comes on.

It seems I could get everthing I want working this way with just the T3 and IR. But I will probably want RF control since the IR eye is sometimes hard to hit from all of the seats. This is where I may need some help. I think I would then go T3 > RF > RP6 > IR > IR In of my Control Processor. Would this work the same way? If so, I'm not certain why I would need the IR-Pro? Couldn't I just setup the same command from the theatertouch library in the RP6? Lastly, I was considering the RP6 because eventaully I think I would want to take the IR out of the equation and connecect via RS-232 to the Control Processor. I wasn't certain that the RP1 could do serial? Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse