The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday July 21, 2007 at 19:27
Tom Ciaramitaro
Loyal Member
May 2002
Out of the box, the setting from the RP1 thru this block gives practically no output to the emitters. My flashing emitters were not showing anything until I tweaked the pot +++ a bit. Needless to say, the equipment was not responding.

I'd be inclined to just turn them all to max, but I actually burned out an emitter recently. This was with a Xantech 789-44, which has only 4 outputs. I needed 5, so I took the straight shot from the 4 terminal connector of the RP-1 to emitter #5. All worked well for about a week, and then the cable box quit responding (which had the straight shot emitter). Emitter died - I replaced and rewired from the plug in side, and used one twin emitter pair.

Assuming the straight output from the RP1 was too much current for the emitter, does turning the RTI tweak to max also eliminate any series resistance? Anyone have any issues?

The Xantech 4-way never gave a problem. Hopefully we're OK here with this RTI job.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse