The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday July 20, 2007 at 22:23
tgrugett
Select Member
August 2004
On July 20, 2007 at 15:50, vbova27 said...
To sum up my whole point, I just wanted to know if anyone
had an RP-6 exhibit a situation where the emitters , and
high out lights on the RP6 all held a steady red and wouldn't
accept commands. It's difficult to rule out a hardware
issue - this guy has been waiting a month for installation
and I wanted to make sure that if it were something stupid
(which not matter how many times I have done this always
seem to do something dizzy) I would take care of it.
That, and did anyone ever have a bad IR code freeze up
the entire system...

Thanks

If the emitters and high out LED were lit steady, was the RM433 also lit steady?
If so, I would suspect interference. I have had only one job where the interference was mysterious and frustrating with RTI.

Also, make sure you are using the supplied adapter leads with the emitters or direct IR connections, make sure you are using mono-mini jack cables for any direct IR connections, pull off anything connected via the high out and then test, make sure you have not accidentally plugged into an IR output on one of your components, mkae sure you are not getting any interference via an IR receiver (standalone or keypad).........

Your first post did read very unclear. You may consider being more specific. I have posted many times after frustrating days filled with mystery only to realize that I was not giving all of the details, not asking the right questions or running with my assumptions. My little list of suggestions could have gone on forever not knowing anything (well, I know you have a combo player!) about your install, components, configuration, etc...

Hosting Services by ipHouse