The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday August 3, 2007 at 02:39
tgrugett
Select Member
August 2004
Here is something that I have always wondered....

Does a flag action have a duration?

A scenario... to track input selection and zone sync in a muli-zone system on the processor I will issue a "clear all input flags" system macro before issuing a new input flag. This can often include 8 or more flags. I will often use this system macro nested in other system macros or standalone macros. Will this have a measurable duration that I need to consider when inserting delays between individual system macros contained within another macro?

As a rule, I will insert delays between nested system macros based on the following formula... .3 sec for each IR/232 command or single command nested system macro contained within a called system macro plus the total of any delays contained within any nested macros. This works well as a default most of the time, however, I currently do not allow any duration for flag events and I wonder if this could be the potential source of the macro timing issues I occasionally have. It would be fantastic if TTD could show the duration of all the system macros so that the delay structure could be planned ahead of time!!!

Other considerations... is a processor flag set, clear or test ignored if placed after a multi-command system macro without having a delay between them? Does a flag have a default delay built in like with IR commands?

I also imagine that each single command has a specific duration unique to that command or protocol. The variations are likely slight but does anyone know what a good default is? If there is a default .3 sec delay after commands it would seem reasonable that the command and the delay together would be greater than .3 sec.

Hosting Services by ipHouse