Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday July 24, 2007 at 23:08
fluid-druid
June 2005
My project is coming along. We're still building the system in our lab.
3 CT600.3
3 AV1260
1 HD6

3 RP6 (in Rack) plus 1 in media room
1 CB4
2 K4
3 RK3

I'm using RS232 for all control of the BK stuff. It works very well, and I find the volume is much easier to regulate with RS232... also, the commands are much faster and tie up the control network less.

I've definately learned some things in the process... and I have some questions:

1. The new CTs have Ethernet jacks. Has anyone used these for control? About the ability to send programming to the units over the network? ANy issues? ie if the network flakes out, do the CTs freeze or hang etc?

2. Wouldn't it be nice if you could share ONE tuner (or THREE) between multiple CTs? Obviously, we could just throw in an outboard tuner....

3. I've read several people say that the CTs need a reboot occasionally. I've noticed in the protocol that there is a command to "cold boot" and "warm boot". Anyone tried using this instead of a hard "power cut"?

Overall, everything seems to be working (so far).... but certainly not the easiest 18 zone system I've put together.

I'm using 1 CM232 for EACH CT and 1 for the HD6. Its sorta too bad that you can send RS232 commands to ONE CT and have it 'reach' all of the CT units. (unless I'm missing something, this is only possible with IR)
...couple a thumb tacks and a stick of double sided tape should hold this baby up...

Hosting Services by ipHouse