The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday August 29, 2007 at 21:12
MrBeetle
Long Time Member
February 2006
OK, so it's been a while since I've done RS232 (pre-V5), so bear with me.

I've looked in the documentation, and there is no real way to group zones together - so I think I am forced to do it over command strings and such. To make things easier here, let's assume a 5-zone system (In reality, we have 16)

Also, here is a example of the code :

CL#I#O#T

C="Begin"
L# = Level (0 = Audio/Video, 1=Video, 2=Audio)
I# = Input
O# = Output
T = End (I believe there is no /r or /n here, just T)

We want zone 1, 2, 4 together, with Input 3 at the moment. Since I can't make a variable to officially group them (Like, GROUP1 = 1, 2, 4) we need a string of

CL0I3O18 1 2 4T

(The 18 is simply an unused output, so I can make the if/then statements a bit easier)

I would achieve this with

/RS232 - "CL0I3O18"
If Flag Room 1 is on then
/RS232 " 1"
If Flag Room 2 is on then
/RS232 " 2"
If Flag Room 3 is on then
/RS232 " 3"
If Flag Room 4 is on then
/RS232 " 4"
If Flag Room 5 is on then
/RS232 " 5"
/RS232 "T"

Which, I know would work fine - however, is there still the .3sec delay after each RS232 string in a macro? (would the previous command take .3+.3+.3+.3+.3 = 1.5sec?)

Not a big problem for changing inputs - a few seconds is reasonable - but makes for a headache with the volume control, as the command would be similar. Previously I had a matrix audio system that uses groups - I could set up the inputs like above, but then the volume control was a single command (Like G1VOL++)

Any suggestions for my volume problems, or should I just limit them to scenes and keep away from total control in this case?

Hosting Services by ipHouse