Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday November 16, 2007 at 09:54
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
You cannot insert a macro.... and I have learned NEVER
to delete a macro either. Instead, I just erase all
the steps, and rename it as System Macro ###.
When you name macros, use a prefix such as ACT_ or SOURCE_
or CD_ or however you want to name things. When you
want to trigger a macro, the list of available macros
is alpha ordered, so this keeps related macros together.

I would love to see the ability to create folders with
collections of macros in each folder. And as an extension,
the macros could identified like this FolderName/Macro
Name. This would be ideal on a processor with more
memory. Then, over time, you could have folders for
each Brand, etc.

The folder idea would be a good one.

If the list is sorted when you want to trigger a macro, then why is it important to leave extra blank spaces between the different types or models when entering them on the RP6? I assume its so that you can have room to keep them grouped together. But this is also why RTI should give you the ability to at a min sort this list (i.e. click on the heading for description, on the RP6, to sort alpha by description) so that it doesn't matter the order you enter them in the list, you can still view them in the list the right way. Actually if the list was always shown in order of description, instead of by Macro #, this would solve the need for blank lines completely.

Why never delete a macro? Or is this for the same reason to keep the extra space.

In the end, it became too much to manage... but that
was before they allowed naming of flags. Still, I've
gotten fast enough now that I won't try this again until
they give me real variables.

Variables are much needed. You wouldn't have to necessarily have to enter all of the products codes into the system then. You name a variable for the device property you want to control i.e. TV_ON, TV_INPUT1 and then bring up a "variable/product wizard". You then assign those variables to codes in the IR database, the new rs-232 database. The system then just imports those codes into a variable table/list. If you want to use a different TV you can bring up this variable/product wizard to quickly reassign and remap variables.

Hosting Services by ipHouse