Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday November 22, 2007 at 00:36
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
I guess I should clarify.

All of the equipment will be in a rack. Basically we have two receivers these are used to drive the video for the two zones. Customer is more interested in video than audio.

I won't get into the video since its not important here.

As far as audio sources (ones that will be utilized for the mutliroom audio system) these will initially be an XM tuner and an Iport and each of the receivers tuners.

These audio sources need to be accessable to both home theater rooms so they must be tied to each receiver. Goal is to split the audio signal, for each source component, so that it goes into the same inputs on receiver A and Receiver B. Thus both receivers are identical. THis makes for easy progamming since its the same for all zones, onl difference is the receiver that is being talked to (i.e. RP6 Output port).

Each Denon has 2 additional zones (total of 4). So by using all 4 either all of the rooms tied to these zones can all listen to the same thing or each of the groups can listen to their own thing.

I will utilize the rear surround amps and assign them to zone 2 on each of the receivers. These each would feed a singe room (Total 2 rooms).

Zone 3 on each receiver would each have to be hooked up to a distribution amp to power the other rooms.

I tried to group together adjacent open rooms, which would have to listen to the same source to make up a single zone. For example kitchen, living room, dining room.

Then I loked to see what other areas could listen to a different source. For example the outside zone (deck & Patio)

There were two smaller rooms, that are away from the other areas so that they each could be their own zones for these 2 rooms.

The only time I had thought about "linking" receivers to each other was in regard to the XM. Each of these receivers has an integrated XM tuner. Two XM tuners was not needed by the customer. A possibility was to assign XM as the source on zone 3 on receiver A and then connect the audio out of zone 3 to an audio input on receiver B. This would allow that tuner to be shared amongs both receivers and all of the sources. We then figured it would be better and more reliable to add an external Polk XM tuner which also in turn free's up the that zone3 output to be used to have additional independant zone control.

Hosting Services by ipHouse