Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Sunday December 16, 2007 at 16:37
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Roddy,
I called RTI before I ever plugged one in. They said that the hole that the plug body goes into is too small for some IRs so they made these pigtails with skinnier bodies. I think that's only part of the truth.

If voltage is available on those jacks, you'd expect to blow an LED if you plug it in with the power on. None of us EVER change connections with ANY power on, so that could NEVER be a problem, could it? Roddy, if you've always had the power off when connecting LEDs, that would explain all working well. But expect to lose and LED if you plug it in or unplug it with the power on.

But if power is on those jacks in a sleeve position, plugging in a normal mini jack wold short that power, so that doesn't totally ring true.

But the jack could be longer, or deeper, than a normal mini jack with the power at the very end. In that case, RTI would have to have a special cable for the things that need that power. I haven't asked as I haven't needed to.

On December 15, 2007 at 17:33, markrubin said...
say: anyone notice the RTI site still shows XP-8 availability
4th quarter 2007? it should not be long now

Right. 15 days or it's a lie!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse