The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Saturday December 15, 2007 at 14:25
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 13, 2007 at 19:20, Jim SFL said...
THE COOL WAY (CURIOUS IF IT WORKS)
Double check with Netstreams tech support (one of the
best I've had to talk to)...the XP8 can be connected to
a controllinx to accomplish this...not sure if it is an
RP6...

I'm curious if it works, too.
On December 14, 2007 at 01:26, Jim SFL said...
Don't anyone get excited, but I heard (no confirmation)
XP8s were slowly shipping to backorders (from 12 months
ago).

Then it's too early to title something "COOL WAY" and include "the XP8 can be connected." It's "might work if connected."

For some reason, despite your "CURIOUS IF IT WORKS," as I read it I thought you had actually implemented this on an XP8. I think it was the strong and positive "can" in there.

Then I read that it's a rumor that the XP8 is shipping and I thought maybe writing this should have waited. I say this only because I've gotten lots of ideas from manuals, only to find that I missed something on another page that tells why it can't work, or they missed putting in a detail that nixed the whole thing. Then there was the original Sony G-90 projector manual (three-gun machine, had to be mounted in exactly the right spot) where the math was wrong in some throw distance calcs and the chart said distance to the lens and gave distance to the mount. Following directions meant the image was about 85% of the brightness it could be.

RTI is really wonderful, but such ideas should be clearly labeled as hypotheticals until you've seen it work.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse