The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday December 20, 2007 at 14:00
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
On December 19, 2007 at 23:11, mwcxiii said...
If the comcast box is on, I would like the remote to send
one power command and go back to the source selection
page. If the comcast box is off, which can only occur
in the previously mentioned example if there is a sensing
module in place, I would like one power command to be
sent and have the remote remain on the comcast page.

Why do you need to go back to the source selection page? Isn't this where the customer would be starting from anyway?

From what I remember with the Moto box on comcast, if you pressed power on the remote, while it was recording, you would get a messahe that would pop up telling you that you in the middle of recording and do you want to cancel. What I do not know is if it is enough to send the power command while it recording to then prevent it still from auto shutting off. When I had comcast I always left the box on and I never experienced this issue.

I have since switched to Verizon and Fios and although it uses the same box , what a difference a carriers software makes. You can turn the box off and on anytime without getting that message and the boxes actually respond immediatly to commands (Sorry... Getting off track...).

If it does work, that when you press the power button during the recording process to then override the autoshutoff after recording, then the customer would press the source button for "Cable" and then it would do what it normally does and then the customer would see the message on the screen about canceling the recording if the DVR was already on. You may then want to also just send the exit command after the power on. I think this would then make that message go away and the customer would not even see it when the TV powers up.

If sending the power command to the cable box does nothing to prevent the autoshutoff then I would think there is nothing you could do anyway and the only way to cancel the autoshutoff is to actually cancel the recording and then power down and back up, there isn't a solution anyway.

Also you do not want to do video sensing only power sensing. I also tested this and the video sensing does not work on the motoboxes. I think something is always output over the outputs even when the box is off.

Hosting Services by ipHouse