The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 19, 2007 at 23:11
mwcxiii
Long Time Member
November 2007
Ok... here's the situation. I know there is no way I could even hope to describe what I am looking to do in the title of the thread, so thank you if you're reading.

As some of you may know, the motorola comcast dvr boxes have the fun little caveat of turning themselves off when they are done recording, but only if they started recording when the box was off.

As a result, on the rare occasion a customer has a recording scheduled at 8:00, for example, and they turn on their system after the recording has begun, the comcast box will shut itself off in the middle of their viewing because it doesn't know someone has started to watch.

What I would like to do is make the hard power button on the remote control power sense whether or not the comcast box is on and have the remote take one of two different actions.

If the comcast box is on, I would like the remote to send one power command and go back to the source selection page. If the comcast box is off, which can only occur in the previously mentioned example if there is a sensing module in place, I would like one power command to be sent and have the remote remain on the comcast page.

My issue is this; if I put the remote in standalone mode I can't include a status test without creating a system macro. I can't put a page link in the power macro unless it is in standalone mode, and I can't put a page link in a system macro, so I can't make the page link conditional on the sensing module.

I thought I had it by putting a power command directly on the power button and going in to the IR properties to deselect all of the other IR outputs so I could make the command conditional on the sensing, then making a macro on the same button to do the page link. However, if I put the button in standalone there is no way of making a command that is not in a system macro output from the RP6 (as far as I know).

Any suggestions would be stupendous, and please ask anything you need for clarification.

Matt

Hosting Services by ipHouse