The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday December 14, 2007 at 23:37
tgrugett
Select Member
August 2004
I don't want to seem like an ass but you are being less than clear about your problem. What do you mean by "a combo of....."?

On December 14, 2007 at 03:29, nicodemus said...
Many thanks for the replies.

It does not matter what I'm trying to control (fwiw a
combo of Denon DVD player, receiver, and humax PVR using
RF to the RM433 then IR out to devices), the behaviour
is consistent and the fault seems to lie with the RP6:

What behavior exactly?
It's like this: the remote seems to be doing fine, as
the RM433 is flashing pretty heavily. The problem is
that that RP6 is lazily sending only one command and takes
about a second to do so.

This means nothing without specifics as to what you are attempting to do. Be specific about your examples.
SDZD, I presume by "sustain" you mean "repeat while button
is presssed"? I do not see mention of any property with
the specific name "sustain".

He means sustain. If the IR code is placed on a button, right click to edit properties, and then click on the infrared tab. Look for the sustain checkbox. If the IR code is in a system macro you will see the "repeat.." option you mentioned when you double click the IR command. I recommend that you do not place sustaining commands on the processor directly. Place the commands directly on the desired button. The reason for this is that each system macro is "triggered" by an IR command that is transmitted by the RF receiver once it is received from the remote. That trigger code can repeat but it can not sustain. The only way to achieve a sustain in to place the command on the button. The remote can sense that you are holding the button down and keep the command sustained. You can not do this if the command is triggered by another code.
I have a TV being controlled in standalone mode, and I'm
pretty sure that it can do that without delay. I'll double
check when I go to site today.

Again, what exactly do you mean?
So nobody's had this kind of quirky behaviour?

I have had all kinds of quirky behavior. In fact I was screwed today by some uncooperative components but it had little to do with the RTI system. Bad learned codes or library items, RF interference, components gone belly up and programmer error or inexperience make up a the bulk of the issues you will encounter.

Hosting Services by ipHouse