The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday September 27, 2007 at 20:25
fluid-druid
June 2005
I spoke to Denon about this as well.

I asked if the new models would "fix this problem". (this was before the 08s came out).

The guy on the phone thought I was crazy to think it was a problem. He said he had never heard of this being a problem.

It pi$$ed me off to be honest. Glad to hear others have spoken to them about this.

We also carry Pioneer Elite. I use Denon exclusively though, cuz I like the RS232 control... plus the new units have Volume Display on screen which is a HUGE feature.

However, some of our guys hate the fact it drops video and audio during input selection, that they are selling Elite instead.

I'm not quick to change horses, so I'll stay with the Denon. I use the flag idea shown above.

As an added measure, I have a macro on the RP6 called CLEAR ALL FLAGS. If the user presses and holds a button (ie Watch TV) for 2 seconds, I trigger the CLEAR ALL macro to reset the flags... and then run the Watch TV macro.

This prevents issues if the receiver gets out of sync with the flags.

As a further note, the unit will also drop AUDIO if you send a surround mode command. ie> If the unit is in Dolby Digital (already) but you send the Dolby Digital command again, it will drop audio for a second.

So I also use flags for surround modes
...couple a thumb tacks and a stick of double sided tape should hold this baby up...

Hosting Services by ipHouse