The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday January 14, 2008 at 01:45
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
The power on a powered connecting block is not for anything in the block, so you don't need it. It's for a sensor that might be connected to the block. The connection you describe in Post 5 is the correct one.

As for the direct connection not working out of a block, that connection might need more current than an IR. Or maybe four block outputs is the maximum number you can reliably use. Xantech has stuff that does six outputs, then they skip to ten outputs from an amplifier.
On January 12, 2008 at 12:34, tabascojunkie said...
I'm trying to controll a Pioneer Blu-Ray Player (94FD)
that has an IR "in" jack on the back panel. If I connect
a mono 1/8" jack straight from an RP-6 output, everything
works fine.

What makes you want to do anything different, then?
However, all of my other IR components are
connected from the RP-6 that is then wired to a 7 output
Audioplex IR station.

Again, why? The RP6 has six outputs; you could use one for the Bluray and one for the Audioplex block.
If I connect the Blu Ray IR through
the Audiplex unit, then the control doesn't work.

Whoops, now you're talking about connecting the "Bluray IR"...do you mean using an IR emitter out of the Audioplex unit, or do you mean using the 1/8" plug approach?
However,
other components that are using IR emitters work fine.

This also makes it sound like you can't control the Bluray with an IR emitter through the Audioplex unit.

Since you can control the Bluray from one RP6 output, why not do that and control everything else through the Audioplex block? Or if you have a need for six other outputs, use one dual IR emitter from one RP6 port and four single emitters from the other ports?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse