The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday April 11, 2008 at 11:06
gwilly
Founding Member
September 2001
That little adjustment pot on the 5 port ir block that comes with the RP-1 has f'd me more times that I will admit. Just last evening, small system all done, plasma works fine however the re-used dual emitter from the prior system didn't work (ripped it out and thought it was bad) nope...pot not turned up enough.

Related is the old Xantech systems or any that use non-regulated power supplies, I caused myself many hours of pain when updating the IR receiver on a 9vdc system and all emitters blinked but no dice. I freakin' moved the IR reciever, got varying types of receivers, switched out emitters and it was just that the power requirements needed to be 12dc and regulated.

Totally unrelated, I hate the word "prolly", is it really that hard to spell probably?

Lastly, because I don't want to start a new thread, but why couldn't RTI use solid black rubber material for their buttons on the M2 or even all their remotes? My M2 which gets a lot of use, the channel +/- and vol +/- have WHITE coming through on the edges. Does not look good.
Some people are so used to special treatment--that equal treatment is considered discrimination..Thomas Sowell

Hosting Services by ipHouse