The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday April 10, 2008 at 09:33
cpchillin
Select Member
September 2007
I figured since I screwed up yesterday and was troubleshooting a problem I was having for about 2 hrs I would post here so we could laugh at my stupidity. Post your funny stories also.

So I have a system that includes a Polycom HDX-8000 being controlled by a T4 and XP8 out the the RS232 port number 1. I was having a problem controlling the Polycom. I checked all programming and made sure that port 1 was in there right. I called Polycom to see if my serial strings might be wrong, despite the fact that I got the strings straight out of their Integrators Guide. They couldn't help me so I called RTI. While talking to RTI I saw that instead of the commands being on RS232 port 1 they were on CM232 port 1. And worse then that was as per my usual I had even labeled all the ports in the software and the RS232 port 1 was labeled Polycom. Yup I felt like an id 10 t!!

We also found out later that one piece of the Polycom setup was bad and not alllowing me to control the camera only the HDX codec itself.

So post up your funny RTI related screw-ups.
Who says you can't put 61" plasmas up on cantilever mounts using toggle bolts? <---Thanks Ernie ;)

Hosting Services by ipHouse