Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday October 14, 2008 at 14:50
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
gwilly,
what I think Elmbrook did wrong here is to take the entire population of helpful remotecentral members and camp followers, then filter out the vast majority of them so that only those interested in a T2 battery solution would look at his post, then ask for remote commands.

Elmbrook,
if you have a question about a topic, don't limit your self to the few who are interested in something else. Ask the general population by creating a new thread. And as gwilly said, please let us know what you've already checked. We're more cooperative when we are CO-operating with someone, instead of just being free consultants.

On October 11, 2008 at 19:18, Mike BISD said...
Okay, just tried it - thanks for the tip!.

Just one question: the AAA cells are too thick to fit
the case properly - how did you get it to look/fit right
on the remote?

You used the Energizer model that he cited? Batteries all have the same spec but might not all be identical in size or in the details of their shapes.

I just had problems with Energizer AAs in a client's DirecTV remote. Seems they are larger around than other batteries, so it was hard to put them in and get them out. Then, I found that the + post does not stick up as far from the overall wide part of the battery as on other brands. I had to bend down the spring on the + contact of the remote to use Energizers!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse