Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday April 26, 2000 at 23:13
Ken Bosley
Historic Forum Post
I am also a custom installer who sells & programs lots of SL-9000's. I must say I LOVE the newest version which allows you to turn off the audio override command, which required you to always look at the display to make sure A_DVD wasn't lit up, thereby not sending the proper commands (I realize the thought behind this feature, but don't use it). As for the Macro's, I actually like their 'consolidation'. Before, it was impossible for the average consumer to remember what every macro on every function did (32 in all), especially since you couldn't easily label them. It appears that they've divided the top row (Audio - DVD audio might be a stretch...) and Video (TV, Cable, SAT, VCR on bottom). I usually program it so the top row takes you to FM Tuner, Play a CD and power off the system. The bottom row macros I program to power on the video, watch cable and watch satellite. Seems easier to remember. I own Pronto's, Crestron's, Smarlinc's and many other remotes, but day in and day out, I love the SL-9000. I use 6 in my home and my customers have used them for years with very little trouble. Hint - if it ever starts acting wacky, replace the batteries....they don't die gratiously in this unit.

Hosting Services by ipHouse