Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday August 31, 2000 at 12:25
Oliver Gomez
Historic Forum Post
Ugh. You are right, you can get a DVD player for $129. You can also drive a Yugo or a Mercedes. Both will get you to and from work.

You suggested to the guy that he not use his computer for DVDs because of poor output quality, and that going with a "REAL" DVD player was better. That is what we are arguing about. You can nitpick, try to find little inconsistencies in my posts, and even suggest I'm a dope, but once again here are the facts.

1. PC DVD ouput is far superior to any $129 DVD player
2. the X10 device works fine and costs $24.99

Regardless of what you THINK I meant earlier, let me once again reitterate the obvious:
A DVD player doesn't need progressive scan, component outs, AC3, DTS, or S-video to work. I think everyone in this forum knows that. Players with these things are better than those without. To suggest a $129 DVD is a comparable alternative to such a player is pure missinformation.

Why is it so difficult to admit you're wrong about this? Not being aware of the current state of computer technology is OK, but getting personal and arguing about peripheral issues is getting us nowhere. If you re-read your initial post, I think you'll find we've covered everything pretty thoroughly.

-Oliver

Hosting Services by ipHouse