Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday September 7, 2000 at 16:36
Rob
Historic Forum Post
I'm quite disappointed in this product based on Daniel's review. No useable contract control, only three usable colors, no software, small screen, no recharger option and I've waited 9 months for this! Should have bought a Pronto wayyyy back in March/April.

The screen size is a real killer. I expected it to be smaller but depending on how you calculate it is either 30% smaller (168 vs 240), 18% smaller (256 vs 320) or a whopping 46% smaller based on total pixels. I don't hold too many hopes for the PC software, it'll be delayed and delayed and ... Then look at thier web site, all they promise is archiving/restore. If they were going to produce Pronto like software, why have so much editing available on the remote itself? Seems like a unnecessary waste of resources and money, which most companies don't do. This is Mike Gifford's and URC's idea of the best remote available?

With only two advantages (4mb memory and joystick) and a long list of disavantages, I can't see anyone paying $219 (mx1000) vs $299 (pronto) street price. A huge 27% difference, wow! That along with URC's sterling reputation, means I'm off to buy a Pronto and anyone else I talk to.

Rob

Hosting Services by ipHouse