Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday September 24, 2000 at 12:01
bdub
Historic Forum Post
I think the device buttons on the main screen could accomplish this for you. In addition to executing a macro, a device button on the main screen will take you to the first page of the specified device. In the case of your example, the device macro would set up the system to watch TV through your TiVo and then take you to page one of the TiVo device.

The only trouble I can see is that you can't select a device from the main screen without executing its associated macro like you can with, say, the Marantz RC2000MkII.

One solution to this might be, as you suggest, to use the Favorite Channel macro capability as a device initialization button on the first page of each device. Then, if you don't assign any macro functions to the device buttons on the main page, the setup macro will execute only if you press the macro setup button after going to that device. It's not "fully automated," but it gets the job done.

But let's go beyond that for a bit: After playing with ProntoEdit for several months (and, no, I never did get a Pronto), I generally plagiarized Daniel's method of paging/tabbing to gain control of things like lights, drapes, and screen setup -- things that have little or nothing to do with the device I'm currently watching/controlling. I see the MX-1000 as friendly to that kind of setup. For each device, I'd set up page one as the controls I would use most often, page two as a numeric key pad for that device, page three as the screen setup (widescreen mode, full, 4x3, PIP, etc), and page four as lights and drapes. Pages three and four would be identical for all devices on the remote. This would suite me very well.

So my question is this: Can the hard buttons on the MX-1000 have different functionality for each page of each device, or is the number of hard button configurations limited to the number of devices on the remote?

Hosting Services by ipHouse