Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday September 13, 2000 at 15:10
Bob Cab
Historic Forum Post
As I understand it, "advanced" codes can be programmed into the Cinema 7 (as well as other inexpensive remotes) by pressing a button referred to as "the Magic Button", then entering a code (3-digit, I think), and assigning it to a button on the remote. Computer connectivity is not needed for the remote. You just need access to the web for the list of 3-digit "advanced" codes.

As for the Pronto, once you've downloaded the discrete codes, you basically perform a "copy", then "paste" the hex code onto a button.

I don't own either of these remotes, so if I'm misinformed, then please straighten me out.

So with the very little knowledge I have regarding discrete ir codes, I assume that to be able to have a button on the MX-1000 send a discrete video input selection to my TV (for example), it would be dependent on the software's ability to download the specific hex code, then assign it to a button (like the Pronto). Since there's no "Magic" button on the MX-1000, the use of discrete ir codes is a feature that can't be performed/programed by the remote itself, and is therefore "software-dependent".

How far off am I?

Hosting Services by ipHouse