The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday September 13, 2000 at 13:52
Bob Cab
Historic Forum Post
To Mike Gifford:
I have much the same set of questions as Cy (I bet you'll find a great number of people do). As Cy mentioned, most of us are comparing the MX-1000 and the Pronto. As "stand alone" remotes, they both have decent functionality, but it is the software/customization that is the main "value add" for the type of consumer who is the target market for these remotes. That's why there's so much frustration over the lack of detailed information regarding the MX-1000 software.

As Daniel stated, I don't want to give up on this remote because it is "promising", but the "promise" lies in the software. If things like discrete ir codes, and at least a fair amount of srceen customization is not part of the package, then I think both your company's marketing and sales teams are going to be very disappointed. Without good software, the MX-1000, in the eyes of the informed consumer, will fall from a possible "Under $300 Remote of the Year" candidate to an "overpriced, underdeveloped version of the Marantz RC2000". (Even the $25 Cinema 7 can accept discrete ir codes.)

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to be snotty or rude. I for one, appreciate your participation in this forum because other than Daniel, you're the only source of any information we can get.

I truly hope you will be able to get some further software details, and relay them to us. Many of us will "stay tuned". It's just a metter of for how much longer.

Hosting Services by ipHouse