Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday October 20, 2000 at 17:46
Stephen Tu
Historic Forum Post
I'm really disappointed. The picture makes it look so close to my ideal remote but they still aren't quite there yet. It feels like the people who design the remotes don't have home theaters themselves; else how can they make design decisions like this? It's a step in the right direction from the SL9000, having separate cursor/transport keys, but it looks like they still have these keys with two labels on them that only accept one command. So I can have a "menu" key but then I have to give up chapter skip backwards? I can "record" but then can't "exit"? Keys with two labels that only accept one function are just lame, unless it's two functions that tend to be mutually exclusive. On my DVD player I certainly need separate buttons for menu and chapter skip, and I use both often enough that I don't want to put one of them on the LCD keys.

I'm holding out on upgrading my SL9000 until someone gets it right -- like the MX1000 on the top, touchscreen, and with all buttons the MX500 has on the bottom, plus SEPARATE menu, display, clear keys.

Hosting Services by ipHouse