The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday October 27, 2000 at 23:57
Peter
Historic Forum Post
I'll hop in on this one too. What I would do is this:

On the "main" (devices) page, I'd have the "Power" send "Power off" to EVERYTHING. On each device's page, I'd have "Power" toggle that device. That way, in two presses, I could shut everything down.

So a few things I'd like to see:

1) I'd like to be able to configure the hard keys per-page, including the devices page.

2) I'd like to be able to rename, reposition, or remove the M1 through M3 buttons. (Can I?) Nobody should have to memorize what "M2" does. In fact, why would I ever want to restrict extended macro capability to a few persistent buttons? And why on earth would I consume the most ergonomically precious space (that closest to the hard buttons) with those buttons?

3) I'd like to have the "Favorite Devices" ("Main") page be more configurable. When I hit "main", I want to go to a task-driven page:

Watch TV
Listen to a CD
Watch a DVD

If I hit "Page" there, _then_ I'd want it to go to the full device-selection page, where I can manually control each device. Then I'd script Watch TV to turn on the TV, turn on the receiver, switch the audio input, switch the TV input, bring the TiVo Central window up, and go to the TiVo device page.

4) I want to be able to create an LCD equivalent to "Main". For example, in the top corner, I'd probably put a "?" button, which would be equivalent. A guest who picks up the remote would probably find that helpful.

Hosting Services by ipHouse