Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday October 27, 2000 at 12:03
Mike Gifford
Historic Forum Post
I've been observing this thread and reading about everyone's need for a hard POWER macro. Although this could be something I'm sure our engineers will remedy in the future, I am wondering on a personal level how this would be convenient. Remember that the hard button MACRO on the SL9000 remote control disabled normal power functionality per individual device and caused much confusion for your everyday remote user. I always recommended to consumers (and dealers alike who had difficulty) to use M1-M4 for macros and to just leave the POWER macro alone. Now, if there were a hard POWER macro on the MX1000, you would still have to press a device button first. You couldn't just press POWER and have it turn on specific devices because you would have to first create the POWER MACRO under a particular device button. And say for argument sake that you were able to create a POWER MACRO without first creating it on a device button - how would the remote control know which devices you wanted to turn on? So from my point-of-view, I'm wondering why a POWER MACRO is important when you can simply have a device button execute your MACRO.

Any comments are greatly appreciated!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse