Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday October 27, 2000 at 10:19
Jeff Cooper
Historic Forum Post
Things are "Grayed Out" until you open a configuration. Go to "File" and "Open" and click "Default.MDL". This is the default configuration file. You could start from this configuration and then upload it to the remote later. The "Key Input" spreadsheet lets you map pre-defined commands to buttons on your page. So if you pick a pre-configured device that has a "menu" command button defined you could map this to a "menu" button on a page. If the pre-configured "menu" command works with your device you're in luck. Otherwise you have to learn the "menu" command from the original remote. I have also been able to place buttons in unbelievable locations and the remote will except them. But the software doesn't always handle it well when you upload an odd configuration back to the PC! The "Change" feature let's you change from one button to another. Several steps: 1) double click the new button in the button view screen. 2) click the button to change. 3) right click that button. 4) click "change". 5) click change on the button view screen. Lots of mouse exercise. And by the way -- there is NO undo feature so save often!

You can upload the learned IR commands to the PC. I have not tried downloading them to the remote. There does not seem to be a way to map a learned command to a button. The "Key Input" spreadsheet lists only pre-configured commands. So if you insert a new button and there is no corresponding command button pre-configured you have to learn the command. The PC software has not wiped out any of my learned commands as long as I have not deleted the button. You can change it's position, it's shaped, it's text but so far it has remembered the learned command. So you only have to learn new buttons that don't have a pre-configured corresponding command (even if that command has been learned already you have to learn it again on this new button.)

Hosting Services by ipHouse