Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday October 27, 2000 at 09:52
Jeff Cooper
Historic Forum Post
Revised impression -- after using the software for a while a have been able to upload my original configuration to the PC, make changes to it and download it back to the remote. Initially I had deleted the text from some unused device buttons and the software did not handle this well and erased every button on every page with the exception of 6 buttons on the main page. So it is functional even if crude. One of my main complaints are the number of bugs in it. It continually traps with VB error messages and when you click OK it dies and you have to launch it again -- any changes you have made since you last saved it are gone -- so save it often! Finally I got to a point where it would trap with an overflow ANYTIME I tried to download a configuration -- any configuration. I thought it was toast! But I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it and everything was fine again. That was worrisome. It seems to be a very buggy beta version. Anyway it does let you change buttons and text much easier and a lot faster than by hand. It does not have any macro capability in the software. It does not let you cut and paste from any other graphics program and the button drawing controls are so limited that they are almost unusable. I've had to draw most buttons pixel by pixel. I'm looking forward to a new version (with better error handling) already!

Hosting Services by ipHouse