Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday October 25, 2000 at 18:35
bdub
Historic Forum Post
I haven't played with it long myself, but I've found the button editor which allows editing of buttons on the pixel level with tools similar to those of MS Paint. This is WAY cooler than I had ever hoped, since I never expected more than simple text editing on pre-selected button styles. And button styles are saved to their own files which will make sharing them quite easy to do. Again, this is way cooler than I expected.

There's no right-click on anything, so everything has to be done through the menus and toolbars. And I can't figure out a way to paste anything to the button editor from another part of the screen or from MS Paint. (There's no Edit menu function with a corresponding Paste command, and right-click doesn't bring it up.)

Still, with time, I think I could configure the perfect remote from scratch with this software.

And let's not forget -- the great graphics we now have on the Pronto didn't just appear. They were first done from scratch by very hard-working and dedicated individuals for all our benefit. In time, I'm convinced we'll have the same kind of resources to draw from for the MX-1000 as well.

I'm quite impressed! Gotta go make a TiVo button...

Hosting Services by ipHouse