Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Friday November 10, 2000 at 17:31
mc mikey
Historic Forum Post
Im not involved with this, I bought the remote from Netmarket (and although they tried to charge me $60 TWICE for a membership fee which I prompty disputed) but I do have @Home service, and everyone there has had insane email problems. Here's a letter they sent to every member yesterday:

Dear AT&T@Home Customer:

Lately, you may have experienced some e-mail problems with your AT&T@Home account. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We want you to know that the disruptions are the result of a major overhaul designed to improve your service.

For the past several weeks, our affiliate, Excite@Home, has been implementing an upgrade that will make the e-mail system faster and more reliable. During the transition, a hardware failure caused some customers to receive intermittent, delayed or degraded e-mail service. This hardware failure did not impact the rest of the AT&T@Home service.

We have been working diligently with Excite@Home to solve these technical difficulties. The underlying failure has been fixed and the upgrade - which was suspended temporarily - has been resumed. We expect the upgrade to be completed soon, and we are confident that AT&T@Home e-mail service will be better than ever.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience that these problems may have caused you. For the quickest response to your questions, please visit us online at [Link: att.in-the-mail.com] or call 888-262-6300.

Sincerely,

Susan Marshall
Senior Vice president of Data Services for AT&T Broadband

Hosting Services by ipHouse