Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday November 20, 2000 at 12:58
Carl
Historic Forum Post
I'd love to see the following changes in the software (and I'm not a computer techie, so I don't know how hard or feasible they would be):

1. STABILITY!!!

2. Integrate the button shape definitions, operating program, and learned functions into one file rather than three or four.

3. For each button, the software should store the learned function, and keep it when you move the button around.

4. Discrete codes!

5. Automatic importing of user-defined buttons in .bmp format.

6. The ability to open more than one layout at a time, and copy pages from one device to another, or from one open layout to another. This would facilitate, e.g., a layout which includes buttons for a DVD one likes, open that, and copy just the DVD pages & functions to your own layout.

7. Flexibility in the use of RAM. Daniel has pointed this one out, but if a user wants fewer devices, but more buttons, he/she should be able to hide the button from the main page, and delete the pages set aside for that device from the memory. Likewise, if a user wants five pages for one device, and only two for another, that too should be allowed.

I'm sure there are more, but these are the first ones which come to mind.

Cheers, Carl.

Hosting Services by ipHouse