Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday November 20, 2000 at 15:24
Jason S
Historic Forum Post
Yes, I worked through most of the weekend (much to my wife's dismay...) and I've managed to figure out the codes for the devices (C0,C1,C2...,CB), the hard buttons and soft button numbering assignments.

The basic format of the learned commands is:

For example
C6073 5F23232345565324234235345435345435435345435

Would be a learned command for SAT (C6) Play hard button (073). Hard buttons are page 0...

C6173 5F23232345565324234235345435345435435345435

Would be a learned command for SAT (C6) Page 1 button row 3 button 1. Soft buttons are numbered from left to right starting at the top left button and ending at the bottom right. They are number 13,23,33,...,A3,B3.

(I'm at work so I don't remember what buttons these correspond to..., nor is the IR code above a real IR code..so the data examples above are just examples...)

It's possible the significance of the number 3 is escaping me, since I've only seen it change once (C6112).

I've done tests with moving the buttons around by a few pixels to see if those changes are reflected in the LDT file, but they have not.

I've also not been able to detect any macros in the LDT file (at least not yet). Macros seem to be stored in the operating program, which makes sense since macros are just a series of learned commands. So, if I could ever upload the operating program, we should theoretically be able view/modify the macros.

Addressing is a slight mystery as well. It seems the first row of devices (AUDIO, TUNER, CD) all appear at the very beginning of the LDT file. The second row shows up ~65000, third row at ~131000 and the fourth row at ~192000. These do not land on exact 32K, 64K, 128K boundaries. Maybe they spaced them apart to provide room for each device, but I'm not sure what would happen if the section filled up.

I too have never been able to get an operating program upload to work on Win98, it seems like the timing is off by a few seconds (the program isn't ready for the remote) even though I've followed their instructions to the letter.

I have had significantly less success on Win2k with uploads/downloads (possibly none, I can't remember...). I also noticed that the interface actually looks different on my Win2k systems than it does on Win98. The graphical representation of the remote on Win2k isn't using solid black for lines, but more of a halftone grey.

I've also tried to move the time and date text, while the changes show up in PC program, when they are uploaded to the remote, the time and date stay in the top middle of the screen. I still have some more testing to do to see if I can get them to move.

One other thing I'm planning on doing is now seeing how the preprogrammed codes are reflected, if at all, in the LDT file, I'd also like to see if I can correlate the LDT to the PDT file in anyway.

If anyone is interested in what I have documented, just email me.

Hosting Services by ipHouse