Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday November 11, 2000 at 00:49
tlight
Historic Forum Post
Well, I've been trying to work with the software I downloade from Universal Remotes, but its not going well. I realize this is a v1 release of the software...but it seems to me to be unusable. But I read Daniel's review and it seems he was able to actually setup some screens and save some time over programming via the remote. But:

1) My performance sucks. Every time I click the mouse to do ANYTHING in MXOS it pauses about 2-3 seconds. When I select a button, text, anything.

2) Text flies all over the screen. Seeming for no reason. After entering text on a couple of buttons I thought "cool!" I'm saving time (since entering text on the remote is a pain). But then, all of the sudden I'll click the mouse to select something and text disappears...of a different button. Maybe I delete a text line and text jumps off an unrelated button onto blank screen.

Is anyone else having this sort of problem with the software? If so, it seems to me that MXOS is definately not ready for prime time. Seems little more than a demonstration of what might be possible at some undisclosed time in the future...

Hosting Services by ipHouse