Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 158 made on Sunday January 28, 2001 at 16:53
GregoriusM
Historic Forum Post
Mike: You would set up a macro under the DVD DEVICE button on the MAIN page using the Setup Menu. Info on programming macros will be provided in the manual. It is very easy.

A 2-second press of the DVD DEVICE button (on the MAIN page) will send out the macro as you described (obviously after you have set it up).

--------

Each device can have one macro. So, to do a macro for the CD player to listen to music, you would go to the same Setup Menu and program a macro under the CD DEVICE button on the MAIN page.

Hence, there are 10 DEVICE macros that can have up to 20 commands each. You can only put ONE macro on each DEVICE button on the MAIN page.

If you only give the DEVICE button on the MAIN menu a "quick press" (under 2 seconds), it will take you to the first page of that device, where you can store any single function on any button. So, 2 pages X 10 buttons equal 20 single functions.

That is simple enough.

---------

There are 5 other macro buttons:

M1, M2, M3, POWER, System OFF. Each of these can have up to 20 commands assigned to them. How you use them is up to you.

I haven't confirmed this, but I assume that the 2-second push will apply to the POWER and System OFF buttons as well (at least the POWER button), because you will need to control the Power for each device singly when you are in that particular device's 2 pages. (I have just emailed HTM, and will get an answer quickly).

Still with me?

--------------

To turn the exact components OFF that you want, you would need to create what I am calling "reverse macros", except in your case you want to leave the TV on.

The only other place to put "macros" is in the FAV Channel pages, of which there will now be 5 pages, for a total of 50 buttons. As I advised above, to turn off your system in a certain way, use the first (or any pages) of the FAV Channel pages to use as macros. Here you have up to 10 commands.

Or if you generally use 3 configurations most often, program the M1 - M3 buttons as SHUTDOWN macros.

Not perfect, but again, as I said above, a heck of a lot better than we had, and I believe, better than most, if not all, button remotes on the market.

---------

One other idea. If you only have 7 components, you could set up the other 3 devices as 2-second hold down POWER DOWN commands.

---------

So, in conclusion, you have the following macro ability:

Each DEVICE button on MAIN page: 20 commands with 2-second press.

M1, M2, M3 buttons: 20 commands - one push.

POWER button: 20 commands - will establish how implemented and post tomorrow hopefully.

System OFF button: 20 commands - again, will establish how implemented and post tomorrow hopefully.

FAV Channel: 50 "macros" with up to 10 commands each. Can be used for ANYTHING you want. Obviously, some of these FAV Channel buttons will need to switch devices i.e SAT to CABLE, etc. in order to tune in the channel you want. That is why they upped the number of commands from 4, then to 5, and then to 10.

But, again, these FAV Channel buttons really have macro capabilities to use as you feel...... in your case, to shutdown whatever you want to shut down.

---------

Anything else that you aren't understanding right now, just let me know!

Cheers!

... Greg :-)

P.S. The POWER and System OFF buttons will not be device specific.

Hosting Services by ipHouse