The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 37 made on Monday January 3, 2005 at 22:06
confused
Lurking Member
January 2005
I don't know if anyone is still checking this forum, but I have another question about recording DVD's to VCR. I have an OLD TV (Hitachi from the 80's) with just an F Connection in back. The VCR is a Memorex about 6 years old. DVD is a 2 year old Sampo that was modified to play multi-region disks.

Because we have such an old TV, we have a "DVD Video Component Adaptor" and RF Modulator from Radio Shack hooked up between the DVD player and TV. I'm trying to figure out how I can record DVD's with the VCR. We've played with the setup a few times, and either end up with just static (is this the Macrovision technology?) or whatever is playing on the cable.

I just want to record some exercise DVD's from the library to video, so the end product does not have to be "DVD Quality" picture and sound, I can live with some distortion as long as I have some video and sound.

Does anybody have any ideas about whether this can be set up, or am I just out of luck due to the old TV? I'm willing to spend some money if something reasonably priced from Radioshack will do the trick, but if it's really expensive, I'll just go buy copies of the DVD's.

Many thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse