The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday January 25, 2006 at 11:54
SquiddOhio
Long Time Member
December 2005
I don't really understand either of your questions.

As to the first, Universal Remotes are called universal because they are designed to work with any device. I have used the same remote to control many different TVs, DVD, TiVos, etc. I now use an 850 and a 950 to control a Sony 5 disc DVD player. The codes for almost every device from major manufacturers are in a database in the software, and you can always use the dedicated remote to teach the universal remote codes that aren't in the database.

I just checked my 950 software, and all the codes for your player are there, including descrete codes for disc selection.

Also, files on this web site contain codes that are not always available elsewhere. I used such codes to add a discrete disc select button to my DVD player, so I can go directly to any disc from any other. (It looks to me like this is already built into your code set for the Panasonic in the database.)

As for your second questions, I really can't answer that because we don't know what functions you are aware of. However, as far as I know, all universal remotes have the standard play, pause, ff buttons that serve the common functions of controlling a DVD player. Remotes such as the 700, 850 and 950 allow you to name and program additional buttons for any function you want, so you don't need decicated function keys pre-labeled for everything.

Using a universal remote to control a DVD player, 1 disc or 5 discs or even those giant Sony 100 disc players is a fairly common use. You should have no problem setting it up. Clearly the 700, 850 and 950, at least, have these codes ready for use.

Hosting Services by ipHouse