Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Sunday April 2, 2006 at 23:49
Yodo6
Lurking Member
March 2006
OK, so I FINALLY solved my problem.

BTW CCD, the MX-350 itself (found 2 diff. versions), cost more than the MX-500. No I'm not scared to learn but with many hours of work and hobbies in Home Theater, Photography and now getting into computers as well, I was trying not to spend a college quarter just figuring out how to make a power on work for a JVC TV. I thought the dealer, BlueDo or the manufacturer, URC or even JVC might be some help. None of them were in any way except to refer me to each other.

In the beginning, there was absolutely no reason I would have suspected any problem to exist in the first place with the JVC on (I think that logic stream is easy to follow). I just went back again and checked the reviews and specs on the MX-500, it still looks like a good choice for me. I don't need the extra costs and computer knowledge I might not currently have for the MX-700.

I spend a lot of time at other forums for Photography and Home Theater/Audio/Video and now computers. I many times use my 35 years in audio to help others and still ask for help as there is always lots to learn, without some of the above type condescending remarks. I also sing the praises of excellent dealers and many times provide links. It is mostly users helping users, with a few pros in to add their expertise. I just did a check on the profiles of the responders to my thread. Almost every one is a pro installer. This surprised me. I thought there would be more consumer users of the MX-500 here. I really had no idea there existed pros to program remotes by themselves, except of course for those that do this in the process of home theater installations. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I only got into considering a new remote because the one on my receiver is horrible. I saw this site and I thought, Oh great, a forum strictly dedicated to remotes, probably the place to go.

THE SOLUTION: Tonight I did some searching and finally found a solution by another end user from about 18 months ago (now someone come on and ask why I didn't do this search before or right after I bought the remote...because there is no way a non-expert like me would ever have anticipated the problem in the first place).

During the thread, David from BlueDo posted several times saying he was not aware of this problem (that means he was aware of it when I first e-mailed him!!!). Where is he now? He could have have found this link himself and e-mailed it to me or informed me to search for it, rather than passing me off to URC and then ignoring my e-mails. I figured there was no solution, therefore my request for a refund.

In fact it was Mike from Surf Remote Control.Com that came up with the solution that worked. I visited the Surf Remote site and it is filled with the very stuff that reads quality dealer. 800 phone number, address, etc. Now I know where I will re-order and start all over.

Thanks for the positive help that was offered, especially, unknowingly, by Mike from Surf Remote Central and the user poster (he might not his name here). Sorry again, I took up so much space.

Vodo6

Hosting Services by ipHouse