The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday March 31, 2006 at 04:19
Yodo6
Lurking Member
March 2006
I did mention that I spent hours researching on this site as well as at Hi-Fi remote.com. I have over 50 pages that I printed out on this remote and the codes. Although I have been into audio and then video for more than 35 years this is the first time I have ventured into an after market remote.

I have always done all of my research and installed my own components. I do respect custom installers and the fine job they do for the many who need them. However, I never presumed I would need an installer to help me to program a remote. In fact the idea never even dawned on me. I presumed the posts I saw that were from installers were those who were doing home theater type installations for clients. I was not even aware that they sold and programmed remotes.

Yes, I found that the discrete code situation was more complicated than I had anticipated. However, my main complaint and reason for asking for a refund was the remote did not work with common equipment. The manual clearly gives codes for use with JVC TV's. Any reasonable person would presume no problem being able to turn on a JVC TV with a specialty type remote with glowing reviews.

I bought the remote from BlueDo in good faith. I did not buy the remote from JVC. When you have a problem with your ford do you expect the dealer to tell you contact Ford?. I only expected them to take the remote back due to incompatibility with my equipment. I don't think this is a unreasonable request. I could not get them to answer my very polite and detailed e-mails. Do you answer your e-mails? What kind of dealer sells a product and then won't respond to a customer's problems.

You say I should have found out all this before I bought the remote. I'm sure if I had spent many days instead of hours I eventually would have found the posts about JVC that you claim are here. But why would any reasonable person have even suspected in the first place that there might be a power on problem with this TV? In fact, before I made this thread I did do some searches on BlueDo (which I implied above that I did not do...my mistake...). I found out that I am not the only customer who has had problems getting them to respond to e-mails. He said he did not get their e-mails. Sure.....he only lists an e-mail and no phone or mailing address on his website but fails to get the e-mails from people who are having trouble?

If I had bought the remote and then arbitrarily decided I didn't like it and wanted to return it, of course I would expect to either not be able to return it (that's why I always do lots of research ahead of time) or to pay a healthy restocking fee and eat the shipping charge.

In this case the main purpose to buy this remote was to of course to have a remote that would operate macros. I would think in this case if the problem was one of incompatibility with a well know brand, either the dealer or the manufacturer thru the dealer would be simpathetic and offer a return. Perhaps you have never heard of this strange type of behavior (never heard of B&H, Crutchfield, Visual Apex, etc.). The remote was in perfect condition. I had not even removed the batteries from the plastic wrap. I'll guarantee you this remote will be reset to factory settings and will be put back in stock as a new unit. I'm not only the type of person who complains but also bends over backwards to compliment and write possitive customer reviews.

I am in my sixties (sorry not a teenager) with many years experience in retail and wholesale sales, marketing and purchasing. I understand the cost of doing business and the bottom line. I also understand the concept of good customer relations which in my opinion neither you nor BlueDo understand.

You don't seem to understand the meaning of catch 22. You buy a product and find out only after you try it that it doesn't do what it says it will with common brands.....(oooops! sorry, it is now "used" so we can't take it back, your bad luck you didn't do many hours of research so you could find out what products our model is incompatible with). By the way, my "junk" component is a very fine plasma, an NEC rebadge. If I had been talking here about some obscure Chinese cheapo plasma I would understand.

Thanks for your response.

Hosting Services by ipHouse