The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday March 30, 2006 at 04:23
Yodo6
Lurking Member
March 2006
Several months ago after hours of reading on this great site, I decided it was time to buy a decent remote control. I choose the MX-500, which I thought would be the best for me. I have no computer skills and it looked like this model would take care of my needs especially for activity macros which would make my wife and I very happy.

Although I read that sometimes there could be some problems with obscure models, I presumed there would be no problems with my JVC plasma, Sony receiver, Panasonic DVD and DVR, and JVC S-VHS. Nowhere did I read of any problems or warnings about any of the models I own.

I saw the name BlueDo.com on this site so I thought it would be a reliable source. Even though some bells in my head went off as I visited their site it was late, I was tired and I just placed the order. By bells I mean there was no address or phone number listed (only an e-mail link), rather strange. Later I discovered a link to a supposedly new BlueDo site (this link is no longer there). However, at this new site there was surprisingly no mention of remote controls. Is BlueDo getting out of the remote business?

The MX-500 arrived and after several weeks of reading the manual and printing out code lists etc, I started to program it. I encountered several minor problems. The backlight buttom was so stiff my wife could not push it in with her arthritic fingers. I could not get it to accept the advance codes from the OFA 8820 remote I purchased as recommended on this site (perhaps I was doing something wrong here.....I had advanced, discrete, OBC, EFC, command, set-up, device and command codes, etc swirling in my head).

The real problem was that after many tries I could not get the remote to work with a macro on my JVC plasma (I must have tried 25 times with every different tactic I could think of....yes I did try the macros without any discrete codes, a simple turn on macro would not work). I finally e-mailed BlueDo and asked if I could return the MX-500 for a refund since macro operation was the main reason I got this remote. I got a response from David. He suggested I contact URC.

URC was less than helpful. The somewhat rude person I talked to said he was aware that the MX-500 would not work with my JVC plasma and there was nothing they could do. He also said to contact OFA for advice on how to enter the advanced codes. I e-mailed OFA and have never received a response. I also contacted JVC and was told they were not aware of this problem and could not help me.

I again e-mailed David at BlueDo and ask for a return authorization for a refund. I offered to pay the return shipping. The remote except for some programming I had done was in perfect condition with all the packing material and paperwork.

I received no response at all from BlueDo. About a week later, I went to the new link to BlueDo and filled out a return authorization request form. I again received no response from BlueDo.com

About 2 weeks later I finally called the phone number on the new site and left a message on the answering machine stating that I wanted a response to my requests. Finally I received another e-mail from David asking if I had ever found a resolution to my problem. At this point I was pretty irritated and responded that if he had read my e-mails he would know that I hadn't solved the problem. He never offered any suggestions on how to solve the problem. They finally responded with a return authorization number and instructions. I returned the remote to them and have never received any further contact from them except for a credit on my credit card (past the 60 day limit to place the charge in dispute on my card).

The return shipping costs me $5.80. Their credit was for $75.56, far less than the $92.65 that I paid them for the MX-500 and shipping. I guess they deducted $17.09 for all their hard work on my behalf. So this remote which would not work with my TV costs me a $22.89 lesson.

The lesson: DON'T BUY FROM BLUEDO.COM

Please let me know what you with more experience think. I figure I bought this product with good intentions and never expected a problem with a well known brand product. BlueDo was more than willing to take my money and ship the product. At the first sign of any problem their response was to brush me off to the manufacturer and then completely ignore me. Due to my work schedule and situation I have difficulty making daytime phone contacts.

I have just started a period of 4 months of 7 days a week overtime and just don't have the energy to pursue this any more with BlueDo. However, I will spread the word about what I feel to be a very low class dealer with no after purchase customer service.

Sorry this was so long. Any suggestions on how to overcome this macro problem with my JVC PD-42V485 plasma and a different remote would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse