Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Thursday January 26, 2006 at 08:06
dinom
February 2004
MJE, so I'm not the only one!!! I thought I was going crazy, because URC kept telling me that I was the only one that had ever complained about this and that it must be the "way" I am pressing the buttons with my finger.

Well, the bad news is you cannot update the remote to fix this via the website. You must send it back to URC for them to update the OS, or they will just send you a new one (assuming you bought it from an authorized dealer).

Now, the good news is that they have a fix that improves this by maybe 75-90%. I still have some problems in one area of the screen more that others (upper left portion) where button presses sometimes trigger ones "below". This is a different scenario than before (as shown in my video), but it's still much improved.

I'm hoping URC comes out with a 100% fix for this, since for $1000 list, I'm expecting that. The first MX-3000 I owned (had another problem, so it got replaced) never had this issue at all, so I know it's possible to fix this 100%. They must have made some software changes that introduced this issue mid to late 2005.

Eric or Jeff, any more info on this issue? Or have you just settled on the current fix being "good enough"?

Dino

Hosting Services by ipHouse