Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday October 12, 2005 at 08:12
dinom
February 2004
Well, Joe at URC has been great to work with and sent me a replacement for my replacement and I received it on Tuesday.

Guess what? Same problem. Now Joe even personally checked this one out for me, so I was starting to think it was me and not the remote. So, I had my wife try it out. At first, she couldn't make the buttons fail. But then I realized she was using her fingernail and pressing firmly on each button. I told her to use her fingertip (no nail) and to press a little more gently. Sure enough, buttons 1-2" away started to get activated.

So, it appears that this particular batch at least (both replacement remotes were from the same lot) has an issue with the touch screens that may be somewhat subtle to the user depending on how much pressure they use to touch the screen. Again, I'm not doing anything special when it fails, as I'm using the same pressure/technique that I had been using with my first MX-3000 for over 6 months with no issues. Same template (.rcc file) too.

In any event, Joe is going to elevate this to engineering which will take some time. I will be returning one of the defective remotes today so that URC can play with it and hopefully reproduce the problem.

I'm beginning to believe URC must think I'm crazy :-), but I'm a digital hardware designer (electrical engineer) and I design, debug, integrate complex hardware/software systems every day. I know when something is broken.

Sorry, just had to vent a little.

Dino

This message was edited by dinom on 10/12/05 09:38 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse