The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday April 22, 2006 at 12:26
James Paul Hartbarger
Long Time Member
December 2005
I looked at several lines of higher end remotes and purchased URC. The great thing about their remotes is they grow with you. Meaining... An average user can start with a simple device layout and a few macros. Then as you understand and gain confidence, the software is sophisticated and can meet most any need or want the average user can define. By the way, you can download the configuration software from their website and try it out before you buy.

Depending on your budget, I'd at least consider the MX-950. It can do anything but make the popcorn. Finally, it seems that URC authorized online dealers use MSRP as their listed price. You should call several of their online authorized dealers to see if they are running unadvertised specials.

The remainder is from a previous post about the MX-950 not 850:

I looked for several months before purchasing a high end remote and selected the
MX- 950 (NOT 850) for several reasons. The most important to me were:

1) Ability to use variables -- I use this to:
a) for late night viewing and at wifes request, the volume buttons either control
the receiver or the TV volume depending on activity
b) Control acces to return to calling devices from a master power and lighting
device -- Supposed to be a feature upgrade in near future.
2) Push and Hold Macro -- I use to select device only or select device and send
macro to setup activity
3) Motion sensitive backlight -- I know its minor but I really like this feature
4) USB connections -- More reliable and easier to use. If you buy 850, I'd suggest one of the serial to USB converters.
5) No real limits to number of devices or buttons for a device -- very future proof as system is upgraded
6) Colors of backlight can be selected
7) Simple (Very Simple) Graphics and Sound can be used

Last edited by James Paul Hartbarger on April 22, 2006 16:47.

Hosting Services by ipHouse