The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 92 made on Monday April 24, 2006 at 11:42
rgbyhkr
Long Time Member
October 2002
Well, I sent the 900 back last week. I think it's a great remote with several useful improvements over the previous 700/800/850 generation. However, the lag issue was too much to ignore.

One thing I did notice was the actual button design. While testing and re-testing with a 700 and 900 side by side for a while, I noticed a differnce in the tactile feel of the buttons. It was almost as if the buttons on the 700 were slightly easier to press which made repeat presses slightly easier. This may account for some of the problem with repetitive button commands. On the other hand, during times when I had the beep on as well as separate times when I was looking at the LCD's display indication of what button was just pressed (the area right at the bottom), both seemed to indicate that the remote did recognize each press in a sequence. So, I'm still not sure what the root cause was, but it could be a combination of things.

I'm thinking I may just pickup an 850 instead. The improvements are minimal, but I do like the select button and improved backlighting. I'm also assuming that this lag issue isn't present since it is of the previous generation. From what I read on the forums here, there are sometimes pretty good open box deals to be had from the various sponsors. Anyways, thanks to all for the suggestions and the help.

Jeff

Hosting Services by ipHouse