Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 49 made on Sunday April 2, 2006 at 10:43
Ericjb
February 2004
The 900 doesn't support the nav - and nav + which is supposed to be coming to the 950.

Vincent:

I'm not a salesperson, I just do install but I do have to talk to people about similar things sometimes. Ask the customer "Would you buy and $80,000 ferrari for $30,000 knowing it could be stolen or grey market? But more importantly would you buy it knowing you couldn't get service on it after the purchase? You might save money up front, but there will be nobody to help you after you get it."

We will not program a remote purchased from eBay or the like. And Universal Remote won't warranty a remote that isn't purchased from an authorised dealer. If everyone followed this policy, the only people that would buy them would be the DIY guys, we all know there are a lot of them.

That being said, when people see that much savings, it can be hard to discourage them but they need to understand why they are buying from an authorized dealer, because we will be standing behind that remote for many years to come, the internet guy is only there to sell it.

Last edited by Ericjb on April 2, 2006 10:50.
There are 10 types of people in this world,
There are those who understand binary,
and those who don't!

Hosting Services by ipHouse