Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday March 26, 2006 at 10:03
Ericjb
February 2004
rgbyhkr, your pro list is right-on. As for there only being 6 buttons per page, it really isn't bad for 90% of the people out there. A real power user may want more buttons per page, but a real power user would probably want variables and other advanced functions in the 950 and 3000.

Think about the functions you use on a daily basis, you could probably get away with 6 in addition to all of the hard buttons, maybe you'd need 12 but remember there is now a page + and page - so you don't have to scroll through all the pages to get back to the first one. Switching between two adjacent pages is easy and you can still have many other functions available on pages 3+

How much of a delay are you referring to on the 950? I really am not seeing a delay, as a matter of fact when scrolling the cable guide it is impressively quick. Were you using an MRF as I am? Which MRF? Did it happen with IR directly from the remote?

I just tried my 950 against my 800 and if there is a delay, it is barely perceptible.

Commands are issued as fast from the 900 as the 700/800/850 because again it is their own OS as were the previous models.

I haven't heard for sure, but I doubt the advanced "jump to" features will make it to the 900, after all the 900 is still kind of an entry level PC programmable remote.

The 900 is really going to be a geat addition to the lineup.
There are 10 types of people in this world,
There are those who understand binary,
and those who don't!

Hosting Services by ipHouse