The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday March 26, 2006 at 08:45
rgbyhkr
Long Time Member
October 2002
I'm excited about the 900 as I think it will be a nice replacement for my current 700/800. It has a few compromises which I think I can live with but the improvements are welcome. Here's my short Pro/Con list:

Pros:
- USB interface is a very welcome improvement. This is one of the best things I liked about the 950 when I tried it out.
- Hard buttons for Skip+ and Skip-. This is great for Tivo and while the rocker buttons on the 950 did the same, I think entirely separate buttons is even better and easier for new users to figure out.
- More pages per device and more devices. Always welcome and certainly needed here as the number of LCD buttons drops from 10 to 6.
- Character count for LCD buttons increases from 5 to 7. Still a little short for some functions, but an improvement.
- Separate Select button. I like this better in comparison to pushing the whole 4-way rocker on the 700/800.
- Didn't think I would like the Listen/Watch main page separation but I got used to it while playing with the 950 and like it

Cons:
- Only 6 LCD buttons. Will require more page changing for common functions on some devices.
- No Fav button

Unknown:
- Is command issuance as fast as 700/800 or slightly delayed like the 950?
- The advanced "Jump To" page commands on the 3000 are supposed to be coming to the 950 via an update soon (by end of this month according to Eric Johnson's timeline given in late December). This effectively lets you create your own Fav button. Will the 900 have this capability as well?

Jeff

Hosting Services by ipHouse